This is one of my favourite go-to recipes. It is so easy to make, yet so delicious and feels like a treat. Whenever we get one of those meals for 2 from the supermarket, we invariably buy paella because it is one of our favourites. But do you know what? I prefer my own. It might sound big-headed, but honestly, it’s true. It is so much tastier. The good thing about paella is that you can add it whatever ingredients you like. At lot of people like seafood, but it’s not my favourite. I love chorizo! Why don’t you try it out yourself?
- READY IN 35 minutes
- COOKING TIME 25 minutes
- PREP TIME 10 minutes
- ½ tbsp olive/coconut oil
- 200g chopped onion
- 2 tsp chopped garlic (or lazy garlic)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 250g Spanish paella rice
- pinch of saffron
- 800ml hot chicken stock, made with 1chicken stock cube
- 300g garden peas
- 100g chorizo ring, roughly chopped
- 400g mini chicken fillets, cubed
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Optional – 1 or 2 Chopped peppers of your choice
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes until soft. If you are adding in extra vegetables, add them after a couple of minutes. Add the chopped garlic and paprika for the last minute.
- Meanwhile, heat another frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook for 3 minutes until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes until golden and cooked through with no pink remaining.
- Stir through the paella rice, then add the saffron and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Stir in the peas for the final 2 minutes.
- Stir the chorizo, chicken and parsley through the rice mixture to serve.