I always think of waffles as being really indulgent and although I love them, rarely make them as I feel guilty consuming something so delicious for breakfast that is properly not great for me or my family.
However, I have come across a recipe that is an absolute game-changer! I made it for the first time yesterday and this morning I just had to make it again! For everyone. I even got up at 6am to make a batch for my husband to eat for breakfast on the way to work. I’m not saying I got up early deliberately, it just so happened that the baby was awake, so I thought it’d be a nice gesture. My boys didn’t get up till the afternoon, so the waffle iron went on again. It is such a delicious recipe and no-one knew it was packed with bananas and goodness, which makes it a hit with teenagers!
I served mine packed with natural yoghurt, maple syrup and fresh fruit. The boys had theirs with chocolate spread (standard!) 🙂
- 2 mashed bananas
- 120g Self Raising Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Beat all the ingredients together
- Make waffles in waffle iron.
- Top with sliced bananas and maple syrup. Or Greek yoghurt and berries. Or chocolate spread. Or any other topping that takes your fancy!