This is my favourite recipe that I make at least once a week. It is a mixture of heart-healthy nuts, seeds and dried fruit, with no refined sugar, making it a perfect pre and post workout snack. to be honest, I like one or two in the afternoon with a cup of tea to keep me from eating high sugar snacks. It is very versatile and you can basically add whatever variation of ingredients you like. Experiment and have fun – they all taste delicious!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter (or any other nut butter – I like almond or cashew)
- 1/3 cup of honey (or Agave syrup) Or 1/4 coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of cacao powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup of cacao nips (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of super green powder
- 1 cup of dates / cranberries / raisins / prunes (I use a combination of some or all of these depending on what’s in the cupboard)
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until tiny.
Put in the fridge for 30 mins.
Take out, roll into little balls and put back in the fridge.
You can drizzle with dark chocolate if desired.
You can either keep them in the fridge for up to a week or pop in the freezer so you always have a quick breakfast ready to go.